Spring 2024 Commencement
It’s time to celebrate our graduating students and their achievements at the University of Northern Colorado. Whether you’re a graduate, guest or faculty member, find all you need to know to be prepared for commencement, including a full schedule of ceremonies, programs, parking information and more.
Schedule of Ceremonies
Friday, May 3: Graduate Commencement
- 6 p.m.
- Doctoral, Specialist and Masters students
- 6 p.m.
Saturday, May 4: Undergraduate Commencement
- 9 a.m.
- College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Performing and Visual Arts
- 12 p.m.
- College of Natural and Health Sciences
- 3 p.m.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Kenneth W. Monfort College of Business
- 9 a.m.
Programs will be available for view and download closer to Commencement. Programs are provided in English and Spanish.
Must Know Info
- ALL Guest entrance doors will close at the start of the ceremony to allow space for the graduates to enter the arena. Guests will be held in the lobby until the graduate procession is completed. Please plan to arrive early to avoid missing your graduate walking in.
- All Ceremonies will take place inside the Bank of Colorado Arena
- Tickets are required for entry into the Bank of Colorado Arena. Visit the ticket section for more info.
- Doors open one hour prior to each ceremony.
- Accessible seating is available for all ceremonies. Contact the Disability Resource Center with any questions you may have by phone 970-351-2289 or email DRC@p8uc6ql.com. The first row of arena seating is reserved in compliance with ADA guidelines.
- ASL interpretation is available at all UNC commencement ceremonies.
- UNC is proud to offer live Spanish-language interpretation. Assistive listening devices can be checked out inside the lobby of the Bank of Colorado Arena.
- The Champions Room (105) is a family-friendly space located inside the Bank of Colorado where ticketed guests can enjoy a livestream of the ceremony in a quieter setting.
Tickets are required for entry.
Tickets are required for guests to attend the Commencement Ceremonies. Graduating students do not require a ticket. Tickets are assigned to specific ceremonies, are general admission and valid for one guest per ticket. Tickets are issued at no charge and sale of tickets is prohibited. Tickets will be distributed to graduates electronically via BearMail accounts. Guests must obtain tickets from their graduates in advance of the ceremony.
Tickets will not be available at the ceremony entrance door.
- In order to request tickets, a student must first submit their application for graduation. Students who are eligible to graduate this semester, will receive an email with instructions from the Registrar (undergraduate students) or the Graduate School (graduate students).
- Graduating students may submit a request to claim up to 6 tickets prior to the ticket request deadline. Details will be emailed to students. After this date, availability of additional tickets will be determined based on the total number of tickets requested compared to the seating capacity of the venue.
- Students who apply for graduation after the ticket deadline will still need to request tickets through the link they receive in their BearMail. While UNC will make every effort to ensure ticket availability for all graduating students, guest tickets cannot be guaranteed if requested after the initial deadline.
- If additional tickets are available following the initial ticket request deadline, graduating students will receive an email with instructions for requesting additional tickets and the total tickets remaining for their ceremony. Additional tickets may be requested until all remaining tickets are claimed.
- For students who apply for graduation after the ticket deadline, they will receive a ticket request email when their application is reported from Registrar/Graduate School to University Events. Once the student completes the request form, the student will receive a confirmation email from the ticketing system.
- Graduating students will receive an email when there are no remaining tickets available for their ceremony.
Students who have applied to graduate will receive ceremony ticket information in their BearMail account. The email will include instructions to claim their guest tickets by the initial ticket deadline of Wednesday, April 3 at 11:59 p.m. MDT.
Please visit the Commencement FAQ page for more details.
- March 8: Ticket request details emailed to students who have applied for graduation
- April 3: Deadline for ticket request with initial allotment of up to 6 tickets/graduating student
- April 5: Availability of additional tickets communicated (Dependent upon number of tickets requested by April 3 deadline)
- May 1: Final ticket request deadline, based on ticket availability; Any tickets requested after this deadline cannot be guaranteed
Ceremony Dates and Details
Information regarding 2024-2025 commencement ceremonies will be published at the start of the next school year, including regalia, student speaker applications and ticket details.